The growth of mountain bikers has led to a sharp increase in the sale of mountain bikes across different parts of the world. More and more people are beginning to find new ways of utilizing their free time and what better way to do this than to go for a mountain trail. As a result, different mountain bike manufacturers have stepped up their efforts to ensure all and sundry are catered for in terms of size and specifications. So here we revealed the Best Mountain Bike Under 600 Dollars reviews for you.
Today, there are different types of mountain bikes that are extremely pocket friendly and offer high quality services to customers. For less than 600 dollars, you can walk away with a stylish bike that is not only long lasting but also strong enough for use by so many people. We have made a comprehensive list to help you make an informed choice on what type of mountain bike under 600 dollars to buy.
Table of Contents
- 1 Comparison: Top 5 Best Mountain Bikes Under $600
- 1.1 Editor’s Choice: 5 Best Mountain Bikes Under 600 Dollars
- 1.1.1 Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive 29er Complete READY RIDE Hardtail Mountain Bike
- 1.1.2 Pros
- 1.1.3 Cons
- 1.1.4 SE Bikes Big Mountain 24-Speed D Hard Tail Mountain Bicycle
- 1.1.5 Pros
- 1.1.6 Cons
- 1.1.7 Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
- 1.1.8 Pros
- 1.1.9 Cons
- 1.1.10 Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle
- 1.1.11 Pros
- 1.1.12 Cons
- 1.1.13 Diamondback bicycles Sorrento Hard tail mountain bike
- 1.1.14 Pros
- 1.1.15 Cons
- 1.1.16 Final verdict
- 1.1 Editor’s Choice: 5 Best Mountain Bikes Under 600 Dollars
Comparison: Top 5 Best Mountain Bikes Under $600
Editor’s Choice: 5 Best Mountain Bikes Under 600 Dollars
The Diamondback bicycle 2015 overdrive Hardtail mountain bike is the first on our list and features an extremely comfortable ride on a cross section of terrains. To begin with, the bike comes with a standard 29 inch wheel that is famous for its superior traction and offers an enhanced momentum on both uphill and downhill terrains. In addition to that, the bike is simple in design which makes it easier for novices to comfortably use it without any training.
The simple nature of the bike also makes it absolutely easy to maintain which adds to its convenience when pedaling. It is a Hardtail bike with suspension forks on the front wheels which complements the soft rubber on the wheels in terms of comfort. The suspensions act as great shock absorbers which keeps your body parts relaxed after a long ride even on rough terrains. In addition to that, the handlebars are made of steel which is not only tough and strong, but also provides a comfortable feel in your hands, which is a major leap in the right direction for the manufacturer.
- It is high enough to provide comfort for tall people when riding.
- It is simple in design which makes it easy for novices to handle.
- It is a 29er which might be very high, especially for short people.
As the name simply suggests, SE Bikes big Mountain 24 speed hard tail bike is a simple hard tail bike that is meant especially for long distance riders. It is designed in a way that it is absolutely easy to maintain and offers cross country riders a chance to quickly fix it in case it breaks down. The fact that it is a hard tail further makes it easier to maintain due to the fact that it does not come with a lot of components that would require unique skills to fix in case of a breakdown. Also, it is relatively high thanks to its huge 29 inch wheels that are ideal for long distances.
The wheels not only improve its performance in terms of speed and momentum, but also enhance its overall traction force especially on rocky terrains. It comes with the standard 24 speed gear shifters from Shimano which allows you to easily shift between different gears with respect to the terrain. The braking system of this beast is the mechanical disk brakes which transfers control to you enabling you to stop whenever and wherever you want without an incident.
- It is simple and stylish which makes it more comfortable.
- The frame is not as strong as it should be for a bike its size.
Once again Schwinn has lived up to its expectation of stylish mountain bike designs by unleashing this beast into the market for less than 600 dollars. To begin with, the Protocol 1.0 as it is popularly known is designed from the sturdy aluminum material that is a reserve of the strongest and most durable bikes. This therefore automatically enters into the big league bicycles thanks to this important feature. To add onto that, the bike is a dual suspension bike. This comes with its unique advantages.
The front suspensions offer comfort and relaxation to your forearms and upper abdomen as you traverse through rocky and unfriendly terrains ensuring you do not feel exhausted after a mountain trail. On the other hand, the rear suspensions come in handy when absorbing shock from potholes and roots alike. This combination makes this bike an ideal bike for both career riders and thrill seekers.
- It is made from aluminum, which makes it stronger and durable.
- It is small in size , which might not be comfortable for taller people.
- It is a bit complicated for beginners who are new to biking.
The Status 3.0 comes with a standard dual suspension feature that increases its comfort in both the front and the rear wheels. It is relatively fast and also accelerates quite easily as a result of the 24 speed gear shifters from Shimano. This bike is especially unique thanks to its front and rear disk brakes that facilitate dead stops. Unlike its peers, the bike allows you total control, especially when you are on a free roll downhill and want to make a sharp turn or a dead stop.
The wheels come in the 26 inch size which is preferred by most cross country riders due to its accelerating power. The alloy pedals offer a more comfortable and steady pedaling experience. The frame looks a little bit stylish which is a plus on its general aesthetic appearance. For less than 600 dollars, this is probably one of the best deals you will ever get.
- It accelerates fast thanks to the 24 speed gear shifts.
- It is attractive and stylish which also adds to its comfort.
- It is smaller in size, which could make it uncomfortable for taller people.
The one outstanding feature about this bike is its simplicity. The bike is made from the aluminum material which is sturdy and durable. The simple nature of the bike makes it the bicycle of choice for cross country riders who are only interested in riding and not the bike itself. Being a Hardtail bike, it is extremely light since very few components have been used in its manufacture.
Also, the suspension forks on the front of the bicycle absorbs much of the shock during long distance biking on rough terrains leaving you feeling relaxed. The handlebars are also relatively strong thanks to the steel material used in their manufacture. Additionally, the saddle is padded with a soft material that gives you a comfortable feeling as you pedal.
- It is a strong and durable bike thanks to the strong materials used in its manufacture.
- It is simple and easy to handle which makes it an ideal choice for beginners
- It is a hard tail bike and may not be too comfortable for people who just want it for the thrill.
Things to consider before buying
All in all, you will be spoilt for choice when you plunge yourself into the world of mountain bikes. There are several options of bikes under 600 dollars to choose from. Each of these bikes comes with their own strengths and weaknesses and it is therefore important that you make a keen informed decision on which one to go for. At the end of the day, there is something for everyone.
Incoming Search Terms:
- mountain bikes
- mountain bike
- best mountain bike under 600 dollars 2015
- mountain bikes under £600
- mountain bike images
- mountain bike 500 dollars
- dual suspension mountain bike under 500
- best 600 mountain bike
- best mountain bikes under 600 dollars 2015